IELTS Preparation Intensive Course
IELTS (International English Language Testing System) is the test of English language ability which is used for two main reasons:
- ACADEMIC: to qualify for advanced study (university, college etc)
- GENERAL TRAINING: for immigration or other general purposes
Language Hub will help you to improve your English skills and strategies to sit the IELTS exam and to achieve your target score.
This course will help you to:
- Take an IELTS test with confidence.
- Get the IELTS score you need.
- Learn English.
- Become familiar with the test format.
- Test yourself and get used to timed test conditions.
- Learn valuable English skills and strategies for taking the IELTS exam.
- Develop your English reading, writing, listening and speaking skills.
To be enrolled into our IELTS class students should meet the following criteria:
- Pass of IELTS exam at Level 4 or above or
- Pass on Language Hub’s internal IELTS test at intermediate level or above
Minimum term: 4 weeks – You can stay as long as you want. You can cancel your IELTS course any time after 5 weeks.
Classes are limited to 8 students
You can start your IELTS course on any Saturday
|10:00am to 11:30am||Listening|
|11:30am to 11:45am||Break|
|11:45am to 1:00pm||Reading|
|1:00pm to 1:45pm||Lunch|
|1:45pm to 3:15pm||Writing|
|3:15pm to 3:30pm||Break|
|3:30pm to 5:00pm||Speaking|
10am to 5pm
$180 per week
Minimum 4 weeks, after 5 weeks you can cancel your membership any time.
- There is no enrolment fee or materials cost.
- You can suspend your payments for up to six weeks if you can not attend your classes (Group classes only).
Call us to enrol today or
if you have any questions
|09 3071 202|
|+64 27 53 09 495|
|100 Mayoral Drive, Level 1, Auckland Chamber of Commerce Building, Auckland|
Language Hub IELTS Course Outline
The course aims to:
- Equip students with effective strategies and skills for taking the IELTS test;
- Provide materials for practice in all four areas of an IELTS test;
- Provide students with corrective feedback for improvement; and
- Facilitate students’ self-driven learning.
Listening and Speaking
- Self-study is an important part of the course and homework will be set in addition to the course work. This needs to be submitted by Wednesday so it can be marked before next lesson.
- Students are encouraged to read a little every day if possible to improve general vocabulary (teacher will provide advice on suitable graded reading books or materials.)
Meet your teacher
Peter is an Englishman whose professional career as an entrepreneur started in England when he began his own interior design company near London from which he gained valuable hands-on experience in all aspects of business.
After a change in family circumstances, he decided to make a radical change in his life and took a study course to become qualified TEFL teacher. He then moved to Japan, where he taught English to university students and company employees, as well as pursuing his lifelong hobby of karate.
During this time he gained extensive experience in TOEIC and IELTS study curriculum and test preparation.
After spending ten years in Japan, Peter and his wife decided to move to New Zealand where he has joined Language Hub as the teacher of the intensive IELTS course.
Language Hub – IELTS course curriculum
[ download ]
Calendar of IELTS exam in Auckland:
Visit the official IELTS website: http://www.ielts.org/
Book your IELTS Test now https://www.ielts.org/book-a-test/find-a-test-location/location-list/new-zealand/auckland/tv
|2018 IELTS test dates||Test format|
|Saturday 18 August 2018||Academic and General Training|
|Saturday 25 August 2018||Academic only|
|Saturday 8 September 2018||Academic and General Training|
|Thursday 13 September 2018||Academic only|
|Saturday 15 September 2018||Academic only|
|Saturday 29 September 2018||Academic and General Training|
|Thursday 11 October 2018||Academic only|
|Saturday 13 October 2018||Academic and General Training|
|Saturday 20 October 2018||Academic only|
|Saturday 27 October 2018||Academic and General Training|
|Thursday 1 November 2018||Academic and General Training|
|Saturday 3 November 2018||Academic only|
|Saturday 10 November 2018||Academic and General Training|
|Saturday 17 November 2018||Academic only|
|Saturday 1 December 2018||Academic and General Training|
|Saturday 8 December 2018||Academic only|
|Thursday 13 December 2018||Academic only|
|Saturday 15 December 2018||Academic and General Training|