IELTS Preparation Intensive course
IELTS (International English Language Testing System) is the world’s most popular English test for work, study and migration.
Language Hub will help you to improve your English skills and strategies to sit the IELTS exam and to achieve your target score.
This course will help you to:
- Take an IELTS test with confidence.
- Get the IELTS score you need.
- Learn English.
- Become familiar with the test format.
- Test yourself and get used to timed test conditions.
- Learn valuable English skills and strategies for taking the IELTS exam.
- Develop your English reading, writing, listening and speaking skills.
To be enrolled into our IELTS class, the students should meet the following criteria.
- You need to proof you have at least an Intermediate level of English or
- You need to achieve over Intermediate level on Language Hub’s internal test.
You can start your IELTS course any Saturday
|10:00am to 12:00pm||Listening and Speaking|
|12:00pm to 1:00pm||Lunch break|
|1:00pm to 3:00pm||Reading|
|3:00pm to 5:00pm||Writing|
*There is no enrolment fee or materials cost.
- One month minimum term – ongoing membership: You can cancel your IELTS course any time after 5 weeks.
- You can suspend your membership for up to six weeks if you’re going away.
- Classes are limited to 8 students
Language Hub IELTS Course Outline
The course aims to:
- Equip students with effective strategies and skills for taking the IELTS test;
- Provide materials for practice in all four areas of an IELTS test;
- Provide students with corrective feedback for improvement; and
- Facilitate students’ self-driven learning.
Listening and Speaking
NB: to all students:
- You have to take initiatives and complete the homework (listening, reading, and writing, which will be assigned via emails by the teacher before each Tuesday) by self-study before coming to class.
- A typed document of your writing draft needs to be shared with the teacher on your Google Docs no later than each Friday (for correction and improvement)
Meet your teachers
Originally from China, with a Bachelor’s Degree in English and a Master’s Degree in Education, Shirley, our IELTS teacher at Language Hub, had been teaching English as a second language for several years before she came to New Zealand. After graduating from AUT with a Master’s in Language Teaching, she started to work as an ESOL teacher in Auckland in various language schools over the years, teaching English for ESOL speakers across different proficiency levels. Language teaching, as what she often comments, has been her only occupational devotion so far. Being an ESOL speaker herself, Shirley has sufficient experiences of learning English and preparing for and sitting various English tests (TOEFL, GRE, & IELTS), which, plus her education background, teaching experiences, and continuous professional development, makes her specialise in English test preparation. Unlike most IELTS preparation classes that keep practicing mock tests in class repetitively Monday to Friday, in our Saturday-only intensive IELTS course, the teacher will be utilising her expertise and experience in IELTS test preparation to provide targeted training to students, in particular, refined language points (grammar, sentence structures, vocabulary, etc.), test-taking strategies and skills for answering different kinds of questions, brainstorming ideas for speaking and writing, and corrective feedback. We firmly believe that only by effectively combining students’ initiative self- study with the teacher’s effective targeted teaching, can IELTS test preparation be productive and lift test-takers’ up to a higher band in IELTS.
Calendar of IELTS exam in Auckland:
Visit the official IELTS website: http://www.ielts.org/
Book your IELTS Test now https://www.ielts.org/book-a-test/find-a-test-location/location-list/new-zealand/auckland/tv
|2018 IELTS test dates||Test format|
|Saturday 5 May 2018||Academic only|
|Saturday 12 May 2018||Academic and General Training|
|Saturday 19 May 2018||Academic only|
|Thursday 24 May 2018||Academic and General Training|
|Saturday 2 June 2018||Academic and General Training|
|Thursday 7 June 2018||Academic only|
|Saturday 23 June 2018||Academic only|
|Saturday 30 June 2018||Academic and General Training|
|Saturday 7 July 2018||Academic and General Training|
|Thursday 19 July 2018||Academic only|
|Saturday 21 July 2018||Academic only|
|Saturday 28 July 2018||Academic and General Training|
|Thursday 2 August 2018||Academic and General Training|
|Saturday 11 August 2018||Academic only|
|Saturday 18 August 2018||Academic and General Training|
|Saturday 25 August 2018||Academic only|
|Saturday 8 September 2018||Academic and General Training|
|Thursday 13 September 2018||Academic only|
|Saturday 15 September 2018||Academic only|
|Saturday 29 September 2018||Academic and General Training|
|Thursday 11 October 2018||Academic only|
|Saturday 13 October 2018||Academic and General Training|
|Saturday 20 October 2018||Academic only|
|Saturday 27 October 2018||Academic and General Training|
|Thursday 1 November 2018||Academic and General Training|
|Saturday 3 November 2018||Academic only|
|Saturday 10 November 2018||Academic and General Training|
|Saturday 17 November 2018||Academic only|
|Saturday 1 December 2018||Academic and General Training|
|Saturday 8 December 2018||Academic only|
|Thursday 13 December 2018||Academic only|
|Saturday 15 December 2018||Academic and General Training|